Catfish burger...my newest experiment.


My dilemma...
Frozen catfish filet...
what to do with it.

My decision...
 First...
thaw it in a bowl of cold water. 
This takes about 45 minutes.
I always store my fish in Ziploc bags, that way, you just drop the bag in the cold water and let it thaw.


I saw a Diners, Drive-ins and Dives recently and Guy was at a restaurant where they made a swordfish burger.

It looked amazing.  

I figured I would try to pull it off with my catfish filet!

I cut the tough parts off the back of the filet and finely chopped the rest.  Next, I added a tablespoon of fat free sour cream, a dash of Greek seasoning and about a 1/2 teaspoon of dill weed.  The dill is my favorite part here...I may have added a teaspoon, I think it really makes fish tasty!

Mix it all together well and form a patty.  


Heat a skillet over medium and cook the patty for about 3-4 minutes on each side.  

I put the patty on a toasted 100 calorie flat bun. 
The sauce is my favorite for fish.  It is about a tablespoon of fat free sour cream, a tablespoon of fat free cream cheese and 2 large dashes of dill weed, heated in the microwave for about 20 seconds.


I added some roasted brussel sprouts.
I LOVED this!

Love what you eat and eat what you love!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts