Pizza Hut cheesy garlic breadstick remake.....


I recently ate at Pizza Hut, and was
 sooo glad I did.  Because, 
I have to say that the 
cheesy garlic breadsticks 
were absolutely one of the BEST things 
I have eaten in a long long time.
 They came out super hot and so soft and fluffy and cheesy and gooey and
 well....
Just plain full of awesome deliciousness.
They had warm marinara to dip them in.
I could not stop talking about them 
and knew I had to try to make them.

I found a couple of copycat recipes online
and blended the 2 together.  I was a little worried
because I am not a baker...
I am typically a griller.  To be honest, I have 
never used my rolling pin.
So by the time I was done, there was flour 
EVERYwhere.  On my shoes, in my hair...
the whole kitchen basically.

The end result was not exactly the same but
was sooooo close that I was 
super happy.

Here is the combined recipe...


  • 1 cup warm water
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1 pkg (2 1/4 tsp) yeast
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup non fat dry powdered milk
  • 3 cups+ flour
  • 1/2 cup melted butter (divided)
  • 6 oz shredded of mozzarella cheese
  • 6 oz shredded 5 Italian cheese blend
  • garlic powder, salt, pepper
What to do:
  1. Combine 1 cup of water, yeast, and sugar.  Let sit for 10 minutes.
  2. Mix 1/2 cup water and dry milk.  Add salt and milk, plus 1 cup of flour.  Whisk until mixed thoroughly.  Add enough flour to make a thick dough
  3. Knead the dough until smooth.  
  4. Roll the dough into the size and shape of your baking pan.  I actually halved my dough and made a pizza with the other half.  So the pan I used was an 8x8 and they were nice and thick breadsticks.  
  5. Pour 1/4 cup butter in the bottom of the pan, placing the dough on top. Let rise for 20 minutes
  6. Spread remaining butter on the top of the dough.  Top with garlic, salt, pepper and cheeses. 
  7. Bake at 350°F for 20-25 or until golden brown.

I will definitely be making these again
 VERY VERY soon.
Hopefully I will not make such a
mess, but oh well, it cleaned up.  

Love what you eat and eat what you love! :)


Comments

Popular Posts