Frito Chili Pie




Frito Chili Pie...three words
that just make my belly instantly
say....mmmmmmmmm.

Some foods are just better in the 
fall of the year...chili is a quintessential
fall yumminess.  

Growing up, our Frito pie was simply
putting your Frito's in a bowl and covering
them with chips and cheese.  After 
having a request for Frito Pie...it has
been brought to my attention that
this can be baked into a glorious
casserole.  

After many Pinterest recipe browsings, 
and drooling over pictures of said PIE...
I am ready to make my own.

Frito Chili Pie

1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1 can Rotel
1 can chili beans
1 can kidney beans (drained)
1 pk chili seasoning
1 can tomato sauce
Frito's
1 cup cheddar cheese grated
 1 cup montery jack cheese grated
sour cream for topping 


Brown ground beef in a large skillet.


  Then add the 
rest of the chili ingredients.
Let simmer about 15-20 minutes. 
 Cover the bottom of a casserole dish with Frito's.  Top with a generous layer of the chili.  
I had alot of chili left over that
 I am gonna use
for loaded chili baked potatoes...
with lots of cheese and sour cream! 
They are the bomb!

After baking my pie, I realized I should
 have waited to add the next 
layer of chips and cheese. 
They say you learn from your mistakes...
well I am letting ya'll learn from mine.  
It was still yummy but the cheese can get a 
little tough if you cook it the whole time.

So bake just the bottom layer of chips and the chili at 350 for 15 minutes.

THEN add a top layer of chips and


a big layer of cheese...
and cook for 5 more minutes.
This will let the cheese stay ooey gooey!


I made my dad one to go before I 
was ready to bake the casserole, 
 I just added some chili
to the top of the Frito's and some cheese.
It works great either way.  


Enjoy your FALL! 

Love what you eat and eat what you love! :)



Comments

Popular Posts