Super easy chicken spinach mushroom dish

Once again, Facebook has made
me hungry with a picture and 
recipe.  
Luckily, it was super easy and
also very tasty.

I love spinach, mushrooms and chicken
so I figured it would be good.
And as usual,
I can't seem to follow a recipe, so this
is my modified version.  

Chicken spinach and mushroom dish

1 pkg raw chicken tenders (mine had 8 strips)
1/2 bag fresh spinach torn into smaller pieces
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 pkg sliced mushrooms
8 oz light cream cheese softened
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup olive oil
Cavendars Greek seasoning
8 oz mozzarella cheese shredded

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Place the chicken strips or thinly sliced breast in the bottom of a casserole dish sprayed with non stick spray.  Sprinkle each strip with Greek seasoning.  Top with the spinach and onions then the mushrooms.


In a medium bowl, whisk together cream cheese, chicken broth and olive oil.  As a side note...I never keep chicken broth on hand.  It goes bad too quickly for me. I keep chicken bullion cubes in the cabinet and add one to a 1/2 cup water and heat it just a little in the microwave to dissolve the little cube.  It works great. Add a good sprinkle of Greek seasoning to the liquid and also add a sprinkle to the top of the mushrooms and spinach.  Drizzle the mixture over the mushrooms to coat well.


You can cook this different ways.  I had it ready to pop in the oven and had something come that I had to do, so I topped it with the mozzarella and let it all cook at 375 covered loosely with foil for an hour until I got back.  To make it prettier, it would be good to cook it for about 45 minutes covered with foil and without the cheese added, then add the cheese and bake for another 15 minutes or until the cheese browned a bit.  I will go for pretty next time.  This time I just went for done and yummy. :)

I made mashed potatoes with this, which turned out great because there is alot of sauce that can be used as a gravy.  I loooove gravy and taters!


Love what you eat and eat what you love! :)

Comments

Popular Posts