Layered taco casserole


Hello people! 
(or possible just person that reads my stuff)
Ha!  
But it is so useful for me to look 
back on for 
my recipes, so it is all good. :)
Oh my, I have been so lazy about
posting to my blog.  It's not that I 
haven't been cooking.  
I cook 5-6 days a week.  
It has been the fact that it hasn't
been very interesting stuff, well and yes, 
I have been blog lazy.

My cooking 
has been stuff like BLT's 
 and grilled zucchini.  
Things from the garden.
I did grow and put up more
 cucumbers than
I ever have.  
I canned 15 quart jars of
garlic dill slices, and they are yummy, 
and they will definitely keep the vampires
away.  :/


But last night, I made a taco casserole
that I wanted to write down so that 
I would remember it.  I am always looking
for a way to make tacos that is in one 
container.  It is kind of a pain to roll each
taco individually because they tend to get
cold while you are making the next ones.
So I looked at some recipes and
came up with this concoction.

Layered taco casserole

small pkg of lean ground beef
1/2 large onion diced
1 pkg taco seasoning
1/2 cup water
1 can black beans(rinsed and drained)
1/2 jar of salsa
4 flour taco shells
1 pkg Montery jack or your fave taco cheese
1 large tomato diced

sour cream and Doritos for topping


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown ground beef and onion in a large skillet.  Add taco seasoning, water and beans and cook until thickened about 5-6 minutes on medium.  Preferably use a round, deep casserole type dish for the casserole.  Spray the bottom with non stick spray and place one shell in the bottom.  Top with a layer of 1/3 the ground beef mixture, then a layer of 1/2 the cheese, another shell and another layer of 1/3 of the beef.  Bake for 10 minutes uncovered.  Take out of the oven and top with another shell, then add the salsa and top with another shell.  Top this with the rest of the beef and then add the rest of the cheese and the tomatoes kind of together so they mix.  Bake for another 20 minutes.  Let it rest for at least 10-15 minutes so it will hold together better.  Slice into portions and top with sour cream and crushed Doritos if you like some crunch.

Love what you eat and eat what you love!

Comments

Popular Posts