Fresh salmon burgers! Soooo good!


This is one of those recipes that
I made years ago then forgot
how much I liked it.

I love salmon and have tried
it in many ways.  This burger
is the bomb and in my opinion...
better than a cheeseburger. :)

I regret that I didn't get a photo 
of my salmon burger.  
 I was a little too hungry, and it 
looked just a little too tasty to wait 
for a photo.
But I will try to get one next time!

Fresh salmon burgers

2 nice size salmon filets
1 egg
1/4 cup panko crumbs
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
3-4 tablespoons of soy sauce
2-3 large dashes of Cavendar's Greek seasoning

Chop the salmon filets with a large knife until  very finely diced.  Add the egg, crumbs, soy and seasoning to the salmon in a bowl and mix well.  If you have time, it is best to let the mixture sit in the refrigerator for about an hour to firm up some.  Add enough oil to a large skillet to cover the bottom of it well and heat over medium to about 350 degrees.  While it is coming to temp, form one of the patties and gently place it in the oil.  Mine made 4 large patties.  I just made them about the size of a hamburger bun.  They will not shrink very much at all.  Cook about 3 minutes per side.  You want them to brown nicely but not burn.   

We topped these with cheese, lettuce and tomato.  Then he put mayo on his and I put avocado and mustard on mine.  You pretty much can top it how you normally eat your burger.  We LOVED these.  
I will most definitely be making them again soon!

Love what you eat and eat what you love! :)

Comments

Popular Posts