Easy cheesy corn dip


I know my blog has been slacking 
lately...pretty weather is probably
to blame.  Who wants to sit
at the computer when it is 75 degrees
and sunny...not this chick.

Anyway, I have still been cooking,
I just don't always take the time
to take pictures and blog about the food.
But this dip needs to be saved somewhere
besides my head.

I made this to go along with my 
boyfriend's mom's tacos.  They are yummy
tacos and really don't need an 
 accompaniment, but I always 
want to take something
to go along with what she is cooking.  
A Mexican corn dip popped up when I 
Googled side dishes for tacos.  After looking 
at 9 or 10 different recipes...from hot to cold...
spicy to not...skinny to fattening...
I developed one that I loved.


Easy cheesy corn dip

1 28 oz bag frozen corn kernels 
1 heaping cup mayo
1 heaping cup sour cream
1 8 oz block of extra sharp cheddar, grated
1 finely diced jalapeno 
1 well drained can of Rotel
3-4 chopped green onions
1 t diced garlic
3 dashes of Greek seasoning
3 dashes of Lawry's season salt
juice from 1/2 a lime


Cook the corn as directed on the package and put in the fridge until cooled.  While it is cooling, mix all the other ingredients in a large bowl.  Once the corn has cooled, fold it into the mixture and chill for a couple hours.  If you have time, take it out about 30 minutes prior to serving.  I think it will be better at room temperature.  It is a great dip with Doritos or Scoops or just as a topping on your taco!

Comments

Popular Posts