And they're off!

Well, I got to attend my first ever horse races this past weekend.  My sister was turning 50, and I went to help her celebrate.  They have been before, so they knew all the ins and outs, which made for a perfectly enjoyable experience.  It was like having your own tour guide who was there to party with you.   It is always awkward when you're not exactly sure about where to park, the best place to sit or stand, or when something starts or happens.  My hats off to them, because it was awesome. :)

It was about a 4 1/2 hour drive, which is bad but not too bad.  We were able to get home and chill a bit before having to go to bed.  I was pooped though.  We had stayed up late every night, and when I am away from home, my body wakes me up early so I can soak up every minute of vacation.  Therefore, I slept like a rock on the night we got back.  I don't think I even moved for the whole 9 hours of sleep. 

The picture here is of my sister Selina(Sissy to me) and I at the finish line of the Hot Springs Oaklawn horserace track.  Very cool experience.






So now it is Tuesday.  I am kinda behind at the store and need to get some paperwork done and put up some parts, but I am having trouble getting motivated.  Ugh...gonna get at it.  Until next time...keep smiling!   :)

Comments

Popular Posts