Feelin Italian.

Okay, I am in no way Italian.  But, I love Italian food, and the whole scenario of drinking a glass of wine with a large table of family and eating Italian food.   I guess Olive Garden commercials have led me to like the idea, mainly because the food and wine always look so appealing and plentiful.

So, Thursday night, I picked up a bottle of Muscat white wine... 2 bottles actually.  I can never remember the brand I bought and liked the time before, but it seems that the Muscat variety, no matter the brand, does not let me down.  It is a simple, sweet white wine.  I have tried many varieties and found some that I do not care for at all.  My least favorite are the dry, non-sweet reds.   One sip of a dry, bitter wine, and I cannot help but make a terrible puckered face.  Therefore, when I found the Muscat, I was in love.  My only problem is being able to not drink the whole bottle, because it is quite yummy.  :)

So, here is my appetizer...

It is diced cucumbers and tomatoes, drizzled with Italian dressing and topped with Parmesan cheese and pepper Quite refreshing.

For the main course, Eric had spaghetti and meatballs with garlic cheese bread.  I had zucchini that was sliced and lightly fried in olive oil, then topped with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella and baked for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  I called it zucchini Parmesan, my light version of eggplant Parmesan.   It was delicious and quite healthy too!
The good thing is, I made more than enough for Eric and I.  So without the big family to eat it all up, we get to eat it again, and I don't have to cook.   I just get to sit back and sip on my other bottle of wine.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts