Brownies and cookies and frosting. Oh My!

I hope everyone had a wonderfully Merry Christmas this 2011.  I was surprised by my husband with a Canon Rebel camera for Christmas.  With the risk of sounding like I am from the "Valley" in the 90's...the only way to describe it is like totally awesome!  It has so many features that I have barely scratched the surface in my learning to use it.  I was able to take a few nice pictures with it over the Christmas holiday.  One of them being these brownies.  I thought I would share the photo and the recipe.  These are now my favorite dessert to make.  They are pretty darn easy and extremely decadent and delicious.  


Chocolate chip cookie brownie bites

Ingredients
1 box of chocolate brownie mix ( I get the kind with Hershey's syrup in the box)
1 packet of chocolate chip cookie mix
1 container of chocolate frosting
depending on your mixes, you will need the ingredients on the box

Directions
Make the brownies by the box directions and put them into a large rectangle pan, 9x13 is what I used.   Put them in the oven (for about 7-8 minutes) while you mix the cookie dough.   Once the cookie dough is mixed, take the brownies out of the oven and drop all of the cookie dough by spoonfuls into the brownie batter.  The cook time varies.  My box of brownies was calling for about 30 minutes.  It likely will take longer than what the brownie box says, so I started checking with a toothpick in the center at about 30 minutes.  Mine actually took about 40-45 minutes.  You don't want the center to get to firm, they may be tough if you do.  As soon as the toothpick came out pretty clean when I inserted it into the center, I took them out of the oven.   Let the pan cool slightly.  Take a fork and poke holes throughout the brownies to let some of the frosting sneak in.  Use your microwave to melt the frosting just until it is pretty easy to pour and spread.  Cover the brownies with the frosting, you can use as much as you like.  I used about 3/4 of the container.  Let the them cool and cut them with a sharp knife.  Eat them!  :)

Here is another photo, one of me with my Christmas dinner outfit on, I was happy with what I put together. 
This was one of the last outfit pictures that I took with my old camera.  Along with my new camera, I now am the proud owner of a TRIPOD!!  Yeehaw!   I will now be able to get much clearer photos because the new camera is sooo much better too. 

So the outfit, this is a long grey fitted top that I got at Rue 21 this year.  The black vest I have had for years, love it.  The brown belt came from TJ Maxx, but it has been a couple of years since I got it.  The boots I got on Ebay by Tommy Hilfiger.  The tights came from Walmart.  They are more like a really tight pair of black stretch pants.  I love them because they are much thicker than some tights.  Got them this year for $5.99.  One of my favorite items are the boot socks and infinity scarf.   Thanks to Pinterest, I have learned to cut my old sweaters into pieces.  These socks are the arms of a sweater and the scarf is from the sweater bottom!   I was so excited to find this tip.  So far, I have cut 6 or 7 sweaters into pieces and have added soo much to my wardrobe!   Love it! 

Happy New Year!!!

Comments

  1. I have to say I love love love your outfit!! Im so glad I read it..Im gonna try making my own socks and scarf!!!
    -barbie @ Style of a Mrs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That vest is perfect with the rest of the look! Plus those brownies look amazing too! Wanted to invite you to take a look at a challenge I'm hosting about accessorizing outfits. I will feature all entries in a future post, so my readers can find out about you too! Check it out here:
    http://www.amynjesse.com/2011/12/black-and-white-and-red-all-over.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts