Cheesy cauliflower bake.



I recently came across a recipe for cheesy cauliflower bake.  
I love cheese and cauliflower, so I had to try it!

The recipe called for heavy cream and  cream cheese. 
 It would probably be even more decadent with these
ingredients, but I loved the light 
version that I made and got to eat twice as much!

It went great with my salmon and also with my husband's steak.  It 
was even healthier than the usual
baked potato.

For the two of us, I used 1/2 of a head of cauliflower.  Just break it up into small pieces like this...


After rinsing it with cold water, place it in a microwave safe casserole dish and microwave for 2 minutes, then stir.  Typically, the cauliflower will produce its own moisture, but if it seems dry, you can add a couple of tablespoons of water.  Microwave for another minute and check to see if it is softened to your liking.  I don't like mine mushy, so it only took mine a total of about 5-6 minutes.

In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup fat free sour cream and 1/2 block of fat free cream cheese at room temperature.  Mix well then add the cauliflower and mix all together.  
Spread the mixture in a baking dish and sprinkle with Cavendar's Greek seasoning


Top with about a cup and a half of sharp cheddar.


Bake at 375 degrees until nice and bubbly.  About 20-25 minutes.


Love what you eat and eat what you love!   :)


Comments

Popular Posts