My afternoon with the EAGLES.


The beauty and majestic grace of
the bald eagle has always intrigued me.

To see them in their natural 
habitat was just plain awesomeness.

 I first got the opportunity
a while back to see them 
and as luck would 
have it...I left my bleeping 
camera card at home!  Oh the horror.  :(

2nd opportunity arises...the sun went 
down too soon.  It was 
a great time riding, and I got to see them
but still no pictures.

3rd opportunity...Bingo!
I wish I had a longer lens, but hey 
they turned out pretty decent for a
point and shoot kind of girl.  :)



I want photography to be my lazy hobby, 
which in my mind means I don't want to
learn all the technical things about
my camera.  I can tell when a picture
looks good to me and that is really all 
I am after.  :)


They were at their nest and kept flying overhead squawking at me.  Here is one flying by the
huge nest.



I know they were not happy
to see me.  If they knew how happy I
was to see them, they would have posed
for me.


Instead, they just flew back and forth 
landing and taking off, if I got anywhere near.
I looked pretty silly chasing them back
and forth I am sure, but it was just "me and them".


Obviously here, he is taking off and 
calling me a several choice names
I am sure.  


He probably was figuring out how he
could poop on my head.  


He may have been thinking about it in this 
picture.  He could have got 
me pretty good.  :)


I didn't get many of them sitting down. 
They would fly if I got anywhere near.
I had to zoom pretty good to get
this one.


I will definitely try to get back to
see them.  Maybe I will have a 
better lens next time.  I will
be taking some sunscreen next time. 
I normally am adamant about taking it with
me, but I forgot just how far away the 
eagles were and even got lost a couple 
of times.  I had
taken the top off the Jeep for
the first time and got a little toasty.  :(

Get out there and take some pics!  :)


Comments

Popular Posts