Finally! I made a good roast! And it was even a deer roast!

I have never been good with
a crockpot.  And sadly, I know why.  
No matter how hard I try, I cannot
resist lifting the lid.  I know
I am not supposed to peek, but 
I....just...have...to...look.
Can't...stop....must...see...food...inside.  
Anyway...it is useless.  

I finally figured out how to fix the
problem.  I left the crockpot
at home.  I usually bring it to
work with me. 
I was not there, so I could not look.  
Problem solved!

And the result was yummy!
I used a deer roast that I had
in the freezer.  I was afraid it might 
be gamey, but it really wasn't.

Roast and gravy

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg brown gravy mix
1 can beef broth
1 roast about 3-4 pounds

Mix the first three ingredients and pour into a
crockpot.  Add the roast and cook on low for about 8 hours then remove roast and slice into 1/4 in slices then put back in for about 2 more hours.  The gravy ended up being just right for mashed potatoes.  

I didn't take a picture, but I wanted to write the recipe down because the 
gravy reminded me so much of
 my mom's gravy.  Growing up, mashed 
potatoes and gravy were
one of my favorite foods ever.  This
gravy took me back to when I 
was 10.  :)





Comments

Popular Posts