My first ever fresh cream style corn


Fresh corn on the cob
is always a sign that summer is here.
It is hard to beat that first sweet corn 
with its' tender morsels and sugary
taste.

Whoever discovered cooking it in the
microwave was a genius.  Just leave all
of the husk on and pop a couple in the
microwave for 5-6 minutes.  Let it sit in
there for a few minutes and BAM!
You can shuck it and the silks come off
so easily and it is cooked pretty much perfectly.

This time I was craving something different
and cream style corn popped in my head.
Turned out to be a little more work, but
was well worth it.

Cream style corn

6 ears of corn 
1 T sugar
1/2 cup water
4 T butter 
2 T flour
4 T water
2/3 cup half&half
salt 
pepper

Clean the corn and cut the kernel off the cobs into a large bowl.  Scrape the cobs with the back of the knife to get the juices from the corn as well.  


Melt 2 T of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add the corn, water and sugar.  Always bear in mind, I use 4-5 recipes to make one I like, and then I pull them back out of my head.  Use your judgement, if the corn looks too dry, add a splash of water here or there.  :)  Cook just until corn is tender.
Reduce heat to medium low.  Mix the water and flour together and add to the corn, stirring well.  


Cook a couple of minutes then add the half&half, 2 T butter, salt and pepper to taste.  I just used a few dashes of each.  Cook about 3-4 minutes more then serve. 

Love what you eat and eat what you love! :)





Comments

Popular Posts