Jalapeno poppers...are the worth the effort? Yeah.


I am definitely what you would 
consider a get-er-done kind of cook.
When I get in the kitchen, I know what 
I am making, and I make it quickly.
These poppers cannot and do not fall
into my typical category of foods.  They have
to be cut, cored thoroughly, washed, stuffed
and wrapped.  All of this
taking place while coughing, sneezing and 
trying not to cry.  Depending on the hotness of
your jalapenos, which varies all the time.  
This time, I even got some pepper juice 
squirted into my eye...oh joy!

But they are so good.  I think they are even
better cold the next day!  

Jalapeno Poppers

10 large jalapeno peppers
1 pkg bacon (thin works better)
1 pkg cream cheese
sharp cheddar cheese
dash of Greek seasoning

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Slice jalapenos in half and scoop out all the seeds and gill.  Wash peppers thoroughly and pat dry.  Fill each half with some cream cheese and top the cream cheese with a little chunk of cheddar.  Wrap with a piece of bacon and add a dash of seasoning.  If you have a small wire rack, place them on it on top of a cookie sheet covered in foil.  This helps them to cook the bacon better in the oven without sitting in their own grease.  They need to cook about 30-40 minutes.  Just make sure the bacon gets done.  

This is about halfway through cooking...


Done...


Closeup...


Here is the curious 3 year old, Bolton, that couldn't understand why I was taking food pics.  Ha.  He said to take a picture of his army man.  And he obviously had been playing in the dirt.  :)


Love what you eat and eat what you love! :)

Comments

Popular Posts