Philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers



What's for supper?
What's for supper?
What's for supper?

This is always in my head.  I never know
what to cook pretty much until I go to the
store and look at the meat counter.  Something
usually jumps out at me.  But it is still a 
pain in the butt to wonder what to cook.  
I don't wanna cook something crappy and 
think, dang I wish I would have cooked something
else!

So these peppers were on my Facebook page 
and man they looked yummy!
I could tell I would like my pepper done more than
the one in the picture on Facebook, but nonetheless,
they looked worth a try!

Stuffed Philly cheesesteak peppers

6 oz fresh sliced baby bella mushrooms
1 medium onion chopped
4 T butter
roughly one good sized steak sliced thin
steak seasoning
3 large peppers
9 pepper jack cheese slices

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Season steak strips well and set aside.  Cook the butter, onion and mushrooms in a large skillet over medium heat for about 20 minutes or until fairly translucent.  Add steak and cook just until barely done.  I wanted my peppers a little more done, so I cut them in half and cored them and placed them in the microwave on defrost for about 7-8 minutes.  This seemed to make them a little more tender.  Dry them off well and put them into a casserole dish and place 1/2 slice of cheese in each then top with the steak and mushrooms. 


 Top each with a slice of cheese.  Cook in the oven for about 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly browned.  



Ok, now my tasting opinion.  These had a great flavor, but for my taste, next time I will just saute the peppers all sliced up with the other veggies.  It would be awesome over a bed of rice or on a hoagie bun.  The pepper jack was yummy but actually was a little spicier than I usually can handle.  Next time I would probably do a provolone or sharp cheddar with about half the pepper jack.  All in all, great flavors though!

Love what you eat and eat what you love! :)





Comments

  1. They look delicious! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts