Our homemade bed



After putting it off forever, I recently
 got new carpet!  And I LOVE it!
One thing it made me realize though, was
that I had way too much crap.  
I really already knew this but, I think
I was in
denial to a certain degree.
I did try to downsize some, and 
I am still working on that. 

While getting the carpet I realized it
was time for
a new bed as well.  The old one
being about 15 years old...it was time
to upgrade.

I had talked about wanting a 
homemade bed and looked 
up some pics, but one day,
my boyfriend said...is this the kind of
bed you like?  He showed me 
a picture of the bed below.
 BINGO! 
Yes!  
This is EXACTLY what I wanted.
I said YES!  I want THAT bed.  


He did some calculations in his head, 
and we went to Lowe's a couple of 
times and BAM!  We have a bed.
I did at least stain it and try to help 
with some of the woodwork, but 
I tend to just be in the way, so 
I really was just there for moral support.

This is with just the base finished.



This is with the base stained.



This is with the back stained but still
wet.  It was shiny until it dried.  
I didn't want it to be shiny, but you 
could add a layer of shine if you want
it to be.


It turned out better than I imagined. 
I have got to work on my colors and get
some pillows to set it off, but the
bed is just perfect.  And weighs 
about 3 tons.  It is built super sturdy.
It will last forever.  And my favorite part
is that he(we) built it.  ha :)







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts