Asparagus quiche...or your favorite other veggie


When I try to think of what is for supper,
sometimes I can just look through 
pictures and something will catch my eye.
I was looking through pictures on Google 
yesterday trying to decide what I was craving
and playing Word with Friends on the computer
with my sister.  
She said that the night before they made 
a quiche for supper and Bingo! I had
my supper idea.

I knew I had a bunch of asparagus in
the fridge that needed to be eaten, and 
asparagus was meant for a quiche.  It must be
the harvest time for asparagus somewhere 
because it is as cheap as you will ever see 
it in the store, and it is fresh and beautiful, 
so I have been buying alot lately.

I wanted to write this recipe down because it
turned out pretty good, and it is so much
easier to just look back at my blog. :)

Basic Quiche 
(add your favorite veggie)

2 T butter
6 eggs
1/3 cup milk or whipping cream
1/2 finely diced onion
1 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 bunch of asparagus (or other veggie) chopped into about 1" pieces 
seasoned salt and pepper 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Melt the 2 tablespoons of butter in a cast iron skillet.  I also sprayed the edges with nonstick cooking spray. Whisk the eggs and milk very well in a large bowl.  Add the onion, cheese, salt and pepper and stir well.  Pour into the skillet and bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.  After 10 minutes, drop your veggies into the egg mixture which will be starting to set around the edges.  Bake for approximately 20-25 more minutes or until set.  

I am planning on trying this with broccoli next time.  I will use the frozen kind in the microwavable bag and drain it very well and 
drop it in just like the asparagus.  I think it will
be awesome. 

Love what you eat and eat what you love! :)

Comments

Popular Posts