Just in time for garden veggies!

Sunday is my fun cooking day.  I try to get a few ingredients in my head and pull together a recipe by looking at several recipes and combining them. 

I am super excited that the garden vegetables are starting to come in!  This Sunday, I had fresh zucchini from my parents' garden, white radishes from my mother-in-law's garden, and parsley from my garden.  I had also bought 2 kinds of grape tomatoes from Sam's, so I wanted a fresh salsa-like dish.  



I didn't measure these ingredients when I made the salsa, but I tried to write down about what I added. 

Ingredients
2 cup halved grape tomatoes
1 cup diced zucchini
1/2 cup bell pepper
1 small onion, diced
1/2 cup radishes
2 T brown sugar
3 T lime juice
3 T apple cider vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
handful of parsley finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
(you can also add a diced jalapeno if you like a little heat)

Mix all ingredients and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours, stir occasionally.  It is even better the next day.


I used this as a topping for our salads.  There was enough of the juice to act as a salad dressing, and it was super light and refreshing.   It can also be eaten by itself as a side dish or could be a topping for fish or chicken.

Love what you eat, eat what you love!   :)

Comments

Popular Posts