Cheesy tater goodness....


Sometimes, I get tired of the same old baked tater.   
That led me to the next recipe.

One of the best foods in America 
has to be any kind of potato, 
topped with cheese.

Of course, the best  tater would be fried.
Basically, everything is better fried, and even
better with cheese.

But, fried always means extra fat and calories, 
so I went with microwaved, then baked taters.

The resulting potatoes 
were awesome.

First, use one large potato for 
each person you will be feeding.
This was one baked potato.  I sliced it 
on a mandolin so that the slices would
be uniform.

I added a tiny bit of water and cooked the potato for  3 minutes in the microwave.   I stopped every minute and let it sit for about a minute to cook.  



Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Next, mix 1 T of chicken bullion and 
3 T of fat free cream cheese and
spread it over the potatoes.  Sprinkle
withe Greek seasoning and 
garlic powder.  Bake for 15 minutes.

Top with about 
a cup of sharp cheddar.
I also added parsley and red pepper flakes.
Bacon bits would be awesome as well.


Bake for 5 more minutes until nice and bubbly.


Add your favorite meat and dig in!





Love what you eat and eat what you love!   :)

Comments

Popular Posts