Sweet potato patties and more grilled SALMON!

I knew what my meat was going to be...


But my side dish was another thing...
Fairly often, what I cook
just depends on what is in my cabinet.
I forgot to get regular potatoes
 at the store, 
and I had a large sweet potato. 
So sweet potato fritter 
patty thing-a-ma jigs, is what I threw together.




They are pretty quick and simple to make.

First you need to cook the sweet potato in the microwave for about 5-7 minutes.
When you can pierce it really easily with a fork, it is ready.


Scoop out the inside and mix with one egg and about 1/2 to 1 cup of flour.  Some parsley flakes and a little garlic powder.


You want the batter to be thicker than pancake batter, but not as thick as mashed potatoes.  

They will look something like this...


Fry them in just a little of your favorite oil...I used canola oil for these.  
When you remove them, 
place them on paper towels to soak up any excess oil. 


They were tasty!  
 Next time, I may even add some diced onion to the batter or some cheese!
These went great with my grilled 
salmon below!

For the salmon, just marinate it in a few tablespoons of soy sauce for about 30 minutes.  Then on a medium hot grill, spray the salmon with cooking spray and place skin side UP for about 5 
minutes then flip the skin side down for about 5 minutes.  It was sooo good!  


Love what you eat and eat what you love!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts