The old and new dress...


Although I wouldn't qualify for the television show Hoarders...
I could probably fit into
the category of "clothesaholic".

My problem is that if something fits, I don't want to get rid of it.  There are really only 3 things that will get an item booted 
from my home.

1. It is just really really not my style
anymore.  Which isn't much 
because I can have a weird 
taste in clothes sometimes.

2. It doesn't fit at all.  Either too big
or too small.  If it is borderline,
I will keep it for a fat/skinny day.

3.  I has an unfixable hole or a stain

Most of my clothes do not fit these 3 problems, so my closet (that used to be a bedroom), is about to explode.

But I do use the clothes, it just may take me awhile.  I love to pull out something I have had for years and put an outfit together.
It just really makes my day.

The most recent item I dug out was this black tube dress that has blessed my closet for at least 15 years.  The little black dress does not
go out of style.  

I decided to add a new punch of color to the dress, so I added a fluorescent top underneath.  

I instantly fell in love with it!  
It was soo comfortable and we were going out, so it was the perfect dress.


I tried to angle them so they didn't look too bad, but my poor little legs have taken a beaten lately.  Between 4 wheeling, jet skiing and doing a little mechanic work, I have banged them on everything.  I guess a few red neck bruises don't hurt.  

Now, go get in your closet and try out some new ideas, you never know what you can come up with.  To me, style is when I am wearing something that makes me feel good.  The fashion world today is so all over the place that you can get away with just about anything.  

Just remember..

Whatever you wear, wear it with a smile!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts