An easy versatile Mexican dish for our busy lives :)

I was experimenting in the kitchen 
recently and came up with something
that will now be a staple around my house.  
I have some in the freezer already.
It thaws out easily in the microwave and 
can be used in alot of different
tasty ways.


I had started making some plain ole tacos
but when I tasted it...BLECH...it was bland.
I had tried a smothered burrito from
Taco Bell, and I realized
 that was what I was 
craving.  They are the bomb!
I happened to have some burrito
seasoning in the cabinet and added
half a packet...wham!  Instantly it was
much better!  It still looked plain, so I also
added a can of chili beans and the result
was delicious. 

The great thing about this meaty topping
 is you can use it so many ways.  
It is great on taco shells whether hard 
or soft.  It also makes an awesome
 topping for tortilla chips for
some nachos supreme.  But my favorite
is probably a loaded Mexican baked potato.
Just make your tater and add the meat 
and whatever else you desire...I prefer lots of
sharp cheddar cheese and sour cream....
maybe even some ranch dressing.



Tacorito 
(since it is like a taco and burrito)

1 onion diced
3 T olive oil
1 lb lean ground beef
a few dashes of Cavendar's Greek season
1 can Rotel undrained
1/2 packet taco seasoning
1/2 packet burrito seasoning
1 can chili beans undrained
Sharp cheddar for topping

Cook onions over medium heat in 
olive oil until translucent.
  Add meat and Greek seasoning and cook just until browned.  Add Rotel, both seasonings and beans.   Cover and cook about 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring a time or two until juices have cooked down.  Put this meat mixture on whatever
your little heart desires.  :)


Love what you eat and eat what you love! :)

Comments

Popular Posts