Chicken, cream cheese, spinach taquitos


I was given a recipe by my cousin 
Ashley, who admits she likes to
cook but hasn't done much of it
in her lifetime.  These taquitos 
seem to be a hit with her crowd, so 
I figured, what the hay...let's make 'em!

First off, as always, 
I cannot follow a recipe.  I have no
clue why, I just can't.  They usually are 
not huge changes, typically I just 
double the cheese or add more 
sour cream.  Things that will make
the dish cheesier or creamier.  

Cheesy chicken taquitos

                   1 rotisserie chicken 
                   8 oz cream cheese
                   1/2 cup sour cream
                   2 cups sharp cheddar grated
                   1 can rRotel drained
                   2 cups chopped fresh spinach
                   salt & pepper
                   1 or 2 pkgs small flour tortillas
                   oil for frying

Shred the meat from the rotisserie chicken into a large bowl.  Warm the cream cheese in the microwave just to get it soft.  Add the cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar, rotel and spinach to the bowl and gently mix well.  Add a few dashes of salt and pepper.   Lay one of the tortillas out and put about 2 tablespoons of the mixture on it and roll tightly. 

Depending on how many people you are feeding, you can add more or less of the mixture to the tortillas.  From what I could tell, it looked like I could have easily made 20 from the filling.  I had a hungry bystander who ate it with chips while I was cooking, so it's hard to say.  :) 

Continue rolling the tortillas until you have the amount you need.   After you have them rolled, add enough oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet and cook them 3-4 at a time over medium low heat. Turn them to brown on all sides.  Remove from oil and let drain on paper towels.  You can dip these in whatever you are craving.  My favorite was slightly warmed sour cream.  I was out of salsa, I will try that next time.  I am sure guacamole would be awesome.  



Love what you eat and eat what you love! :)

Comments

Popular Posts