Poppy seed chicken casserole


I have no idea why I have never
made poppy seed chicken.  
It is easy and yummy.
For some reason it hit me yesterday and
that is what I decided to make for supper.

I always look at 5 or 6 recipes on
 Pinterest and then 
take from them what I want and
make a combination of all the recipes.

I saw it served over rice and over noodles.
I decided to add the noodles to 
it and just make it into a complete 
casserole dish.  Most didn't have cheese, but
I looooove cheese, so mine got cheese.  :)


Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole


                1 lb shredded cooked chicken breast 
                1 can cream of chicken soup
                1 can cream of mushroom soup
                8 oz sour cream
                4 oz sharp cheddar cheese grated
                1/2 package wide egg noodles cooked
                few sprinkles of salt & pepper
               
                Topping
                1 1/2 sleeves of Ritz crackers crushed
                3/4 stick of melted butter
                1-2 tablespoons poppy seeds
              
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Gently stir the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed.  Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and pour the mixture into the dish and spread it until even.  Top with the crushed Ritz and pour the melted butter over the crackers.  Sprinkle with poppy seeds.  Cook at 350 for 30 minutes.  Enjoy.


  Love what you eat and eat what you love! :)




Comments

Popular Posts