Layered taco casserole


When it comes to cooking supper,
 I want it easy but delicious. 
 I looked at a few taco casserole
recipes and melded them into one
that I thought fit my taste buds.
This one DID!

I probably experiment too much with 
my cooking but I love to try new 
things.  Sometimes they aren't the best, but I 
learn from my mistakes...or at least I try too.  
This turned out good the first time, so I 
wanted to write down the recipe
before I forgot it.  

This is great on top of a bed of lettuce as
a taco salad or with tortilla chips.
Makes great leftovers too!  

Layered taco casserole

1 lb ground round
1/2 onion diced
1 pk taco seasoning 
1 can refried beans
1 can Rotel 

1 can cream of mushroom/chicken soup
( I have found that I like the one that has both together)
8 oz light sour cream

6 flour tortillas

1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded colby cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large deep skillet, cook the onions in a tiny bit of oil until they are translucent.  Add the meat and cook just until browned.  Add taco seasoning, Rotel (with most of the juice drained) and refried beans to meat and stir all together. Cook over low heat until all is blended well.  About 3-4 minutes.

Mix soup and sour cream together in a medium bowl until smooth.

Spray a 13x9 casserole dish with cooking spray and spread half the soup mixture in the bottom.  Tear the tortillas into about 1-2 inch pieces and cover the soup with 1/2 of them. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of cheddar and 1/2 cup of colby.  Top this with 1/2 of the meat and bean mixture.  Repeat the layers once more.  

Cook in preheated oven for 20 minutes then add the last colby and cheddar and cook 10 more minutes.  

Love what you eat and eat what you love! :)

Comments

Popular Posts