Preppy outfit with black and brown...




I used to think it was some 
kind of fashion faux pas to mix black
and brown together
in one outfit.  But now that I have
seen it on Pinterest...I love it!
If done right, I think it can be
completely classy.  

I do have to use other photos for
inspiration because I just am
not that good at it on my own, but
I love to take others ideas and 
put them together in my closet. 

Because of my total indecisiveness,
I put 2 photos on here.  I love the 
instagram look, but sometimes it 
makes it hard to get the gist of something
because the colors are off.  
But the antique look it gives is
just cool.

The first is the instagramy one
(I don't actually do Instagram) :)



The second is the normal coloring...


I really can't describe where I got
the pieces I am wearing because I have
had each piece at least 2-4 years.  Except 
maybe the pantyhose.  I get a run in 
my hose pretty much every time
I wear a pair, so they don't last 
that long.  

But they say a picture is worth
a thousand words, so maybe 
you can get ideas from my photos like
I do from Pinterest.  :)







Comments

  1. i love your style! the way you mixed those layers looks great! i'll be checking out some of your other posts!
    xo__lauryn
    lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will check out your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill. Great to see you post some new pics. As always you look great in boots :-) but you cut off your head ;-) Look forward to some more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the stripes with a little denim.
    Visiting from the link up!
    Rosalyn
    www.just2fancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great outfit - that belt is gorgeous, and fashion rules are meant to be broken anyway! (my tip with tights btw is I often in this freezing weather wear 2 pairs at a time - if one gets a run, there's a backup! If you wear them not too thick, it works perfectly!). Thanks so much for linking up to #allaboutyou

    Mama-andmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic outfit with the belt! I agree with Zarouhi you should layer your pantyhose in case the first one rips

    Layering Pantyhose in Winter

    ReplyDelete
  7. any more outfits jill? with boots of course :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts