A bathroom mini re-do and some yummy bean dip

We have all been there...
you go to town, Lowe's...Dollar Tree...
the gas station.  All you want to do is 
get home.  You are hoping there
is something you can whip up
to eat out of the refrigerator and 
cabinets.

I was more focused on getting a new
shower curtain for my recently 
painted bathroom.  I actually painted
the tile and I am nervous 
because I am not sure how it
will hold up, but time will
tell.

I had the maroon 90's tile for 16 years, 
and it just had to go.  I really want stone 
installed eventually, but that is
a budget buster that I just 
don't have the money for at the moment.

So, this is the before and after...

































After the bathroom re-do was
done, I was really just not into cooking
a big meal.  
I had an idea for a 
snacky meal, but that idea involved
a can of refried beans that I 
thought was in the cabinet. 

It wasn't.

So, the gears started turning... 
I did have a can of chili beans in 
mild sauce.  So a recipe was born!

Taco bean dip

1 can chili beans in mild sauce
1 8oz block cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sour cream
1 pkg taco seasoning
2-3 T salsa
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Fritos Scoops for dipping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.   Drain most of the sauce off the beans and in a large bowl, beat with a hand mixer until fairly smooth.  It's okay if there are pieces of bean visible, just get it pretty blended so the beans are not whole.  Add the cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning and salsa and mix well with a large spoon.  Pour into a baking dish, about 8x8.  I used a round one, but it was about an 8 or 9 inch.  Add the cheese to the top and bake for 25 minutes.  Remove and cover so the cheese doesn't harden.  We loved this with Scoops brand chips, but you can use your favorite chips!



Comments

Popular Posts