It's a wrap.

So, while on a short vacation, the husband decides to buy some pre-made wraps at the deli counter in the grocery store.  They were delicious.  Of course, I had to deconstruct one and make them myself.  He didn't think I could match it.  I feel he underestimates me quite often, but I don't mind a bit.  I had much rather be the underdog and come up fighting than to feel like I know it all and then crash and burn.  I might not succeed next time, but this time, I did.  Here is a picture of the outcome.


They are pretty simple to make.  I made 2 kinds.  The top one was made with the low-fat tortillas that are usually found in the deli section of the grocery store.  The second photo is with the regular tortillas that you would find near the bread aisle.  Both worked well, one is just less calories.  If you are watching your weight, you can really lower the calories and fat by reading the labels.  To make these, lay out your tortilla, then lightly spread the whole tortilla with ranch dressing (fat free for lighter ones).  Next, add a thin layer of your favorite deli meat in the center section.  I used a variety of roast beef, turkey and ham.  Towards one side of the tortilla, add your spinach and/or lettuce.  In the center, add a sprinkling of diced veggies, I used tomatoes, red onion and bell pepper.   Toward the other edge, add your favorite cheese.  I sprinkled the whole thing with black pepper also.  Now, starting at one edge, roll the whole thing up.  It took a little practice for me.  The first ones were a little over-stuffed and wanted to fall apart, but you should get the hang of it quickly.  After you roll it, cut it into sections about an inch or so wide.  You can use toothpicks if they want to fall apart.  The ones from the deli did not have them, but I needed to use them on mine.  Yum!   :)

Comments

Popular Posts