Eat all of the garden veggies in one bowl!


Garden season is here!  I know I sound like a broken record, but I am SO excited when the garden veggies start to come into season. WEE HAA!  This year, they are actually ahead of schedule.  We have had a very warm, actually HOT spring, so the tomatoes, squashes, and even sweet corn are rolling in.  So much that I almost have trouble eating all of it that I get from my parents and friends.  But I hate to waste food, so I am giving it my best shot!

I recently had sweet corn, tomatoes and zucchini that I needed to eat.   The dish that I came up with was actually pretty darn tasty.  I have grown to love quinoa, which is similar to rice, but healthier and tastier.  So I decided to mix all of the veggies into a yummy smorgasbord and even threw some sauteed shrimp in there. 


Here are the ingredients I used, minus the shrimp.  I just sauteed the shrimp for a few minutes in a little olive oil with some garlic powder and Greek seasoning.  

 Cook an ear of corn in the microwave for 4 minutes, husk and all.  While it is cooling, heat a large skillet over medium heat with just a little olive oil.  First add about a 1/2 cup of diced onions and a cup of chopped zucchini and saute until slightly softened.  When the corn is cooled, cut it off the cob and add it to the skillet with a couple of large dashes of Greek season and garlic powder.  Add about a cup of cooked quinoa and 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes and cook a couple of minutes.  Turn off the heat and stir in 1/3 cup of feta cheese and your sauteed shrimp.  

So many flavors were popping, I just loved it!  You can easily add yellow squash, bell pepper, green beans, shredded carrot...whatever veggie you may have in abundance.


Love what you eat and eat what you love!  :)



Comments

Popular Posts