A new outfit and a new recipe.

Today I decided to combine my fashion and food into one post.  I recently wore an outfit that I really felt comfortable and pretty in, so I thought I would post it.  I often get asked how I stay so thin, especially when people know how much I love food.  My biggest trick is that I make meals as healthy as possible, so that I can eat a bigger quantity.  I especially love veggies that are very low in calories because that means I can eat much much more.  So for me, it must be about the chewing.  I still want the flavor though, so it makes me have to do alot of experimenting in the kitchen.


The outfit I wore for a night out to dinner, consisted of: 



  • shirt from TJ Maxx (recent)
  • white tank top Rue 21
  • J Crew knockoff necklace
  • Star jeans I have had for years
  • belt from Walmart (recent)
  • shoes from Rue 21 last year














So for the food part of this post, I was recently given some homegrown butternut squash from my mother in law.  I had never had any that was locally grown before, so I was excited.  To me, it seemed to be a bit softer.  Butternut is normally such a pain to cut and peel, but this seemed a bit easier.  I peeled and shredded it to put into patties. 


Butternut patties (for veggie burgers or a side dish!)

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups shredded butternut squash
  • 3/4 cup shredded carrot
  • 1/4 cup diced purple onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onion
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs(not pictured)
  • 2 tsp Greek seasoning
  • salt/pepper to taste

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together well.  Heat about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. *You can use more, but this way they are much more healthy than deep frying*.  This makes about 4 large patties for a veggie burger or 6 smaller ones if you are using them as a side dish.   Make the patties loosely with your hands and place them into the heated skillet.  Cook until you think the first side is slightly browned, about 4 or 5 minutes.  You may need a bit more oil, or you can just spray the 2nd side with cooking spray to avoid unnecessary extra calories.  Carefully flip each one and cook until the second side is lightly browned.


You can easily wrap and freeze these for quick veggie burgers or snacks!  Dip them in a little sour cream...yum!

Love what you eat and eat what you love!   :)





Comments

Popular Posts