Fish tacos.


When it comes to fish,
I am not very picky.
I like most any kind of fish, whether
battered, fried, baked, seared or grilled.

One thing I have never tried is the fish taco.  
I have been wanting to try them, just haven't.

Finally, the opportunity presented itself recently.
I bought some fresh tilapia
and decided I was not in a mood to freeze
my buns off while grilling it, so I thought...FISH TACOS!

My motto is always to keep it kinda healthy, but I was wanting 
to fry the fish, so I lightly coated the pieces in flour and fried them in just enough coconut oil to make them fry up nicely.

I just can't bring myself to deep fry anything when I know how much oil is going to soak in and add so much fat 
and calories that are completely unnecessary.  

I used the medium size flour tortillas for these and topped them with shredded cabbage and carrots, 
slices of grape tomatoes and avocados.

I whipped up a sauce that consisted of fat free sour cream,
wasabi horseradish, a few squirts of lime juice, 
and salt and pepper.


They were just what I was craving and pretty darn healthy.
If you haven't tried one, you should!

Love what you eat and eat what you love!  :)


Comments

Popular Posts