Swiss chard and...there is a face on my pan?

I finally figured out what my New Year's resolution 
should be.  Other than just my normal...
eat healthier and exercise more, which comes and
goes.
I decided I am going to
try at least one new cooking ingredient
every week.

This week, the star was SWISS CHARD!



For starters...
It is a beautiful rainbow of colors.
I watch the Food Network all the time and have seen it many times but never saw it at the grocery store.
I love looking at different grocery stores, so on the 
trip back from Paducah, KY this weekend, I stopped
at their local grocery and found it.
  
I read a little about it and found that the stems can be tough, so I decided to saute them with a little bit of onion before adding the leaves.  I cooked them for about 5 minutes in just a bit of olive oil, salt, and garlic.

It is such a pretty veggie...


After 5 minutes, I added the chard leaves.  I had torn them into about 2" pieces.  I only cooked them for about 3-4 minutes.  They are pretty soft, so I just let
them wilt and turn glossy.

I added about 2 cups of spaghetti squash that I had just roasted in the oven.  Spaghetti squash is very low
calorie and so easy to cook.

Just slice the squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and place the halves on a cookie sheet at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes.

It is wonderful with about any topping you want to put on it!
I topped it with some feta cheese.  
Delish!



I also have to share the photo of my cookie sheet after the squash was cooked on it.   I see all the time where people think they see Jesus in different objects.  
Here is my pan...I know that I sound crazy, but I really do see a face and to me, it looks like Jesus.  Maybe that is 
why the squash was so yummy. 

hehe...... :)


Love what you eat and eat what you love!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts