Bacon wrapped cheese stuffed jalapenos on the grill!

Hot peppers are really not my
thing.  
I can't handle the heat.  
Don't like it, don't want it.  
That being said, if these are done
right, I absolutely love them!
The problem is that some peppers
are just hotter than
others.  I have read that 
even the weather can
affect the heat level of a pepper.

I have found the easiest way to make these is to cut the cap off
of the pepper and remove the 
gill and seeds with a skinny knife by
sticking it carefully inside the 
pepper.
I tried to make sure I got as much
of the gill and seeds out of
these as possible.
It still came out to be a 
game of pepper roulette...some were hot...some were not.
But they were still super yummy!

Once you cut the lids off
and get the core out, stuff them with
your favorite cheese.  I used
super sharp cheddar. 
 Then wrap each with a slice of bacon
and use a skewer to stick through
 the cap to hold it in place
and hold the bacon on.
It helps to freeze them for about 15-20 minutes.  This keeps the cheese
from melting out 
while they are grilling.
Just grill them until the bacon is cooked.  I usually turn them a couple of times carefully while they are 
grilling.  I have done them over
charcoal and gas.  Both work 
great!


Love what you eat and eat what you love!  :)




Comments

Popular Posts