Tilapia again? Oh Yeah!


The fresh tilapia I bought at Kroger came with two nice fillets in the package, so I got to enjoy it two nights in a row.  Since I loved the second dish as much as the first, I'm gonna share it too.  

The side dish was something that I found on Hungrygirl.com.  The base of it is a bag of broccoli slaw mix that you will find with the salad mixes at the grocery store.  One whole bag has about 100 calories, and it is a huge serving (which I LOVE).  For this recipe, I used half a bag.  I also had a couple of handfuls of grape tomatoes that I cut in half and added.   The dressing on the slaw is Newman's Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger.  About 3 tablespoons seemed to be about right for my slaw.  You can start with 2 and add more to your taste.  I also added a few red pepper flakes for spice and a sprinkle of Greek seasoning, just because it seems to enhance the flavor of just about anything, except desserts, of course.  Just toss all of that together and let the flavors marry while the fish is cooking. 

For the tilapia, I sprinkled both sides with Old Bay seasoning and sprayed each side with olive oil Pam.  Over a low flame on my gas grill, I grilled the first side for about 3-4 minutes.  Then, carefully flipped it to the other side.  It is a flaky, delicate fish, but it will stay together if you are gentle.  Cook on the 2nd side for about another 3-4 minutes.  The raw fish will have a pink tint, but it will turn white when cooked.

So, here we have a wonderful dish for only about 275 calories that is super low in fat and carbs, but still very very tasty.   So remember, with the right foods, you can always, eat what you love, and love what you eat!

 




Comments

  1. This looks too amazing, just like all your other dishes! I love your blog, I think I have enough recipes to try for the next three months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thanks so much, Jenny! Hope you like 'em as much as I did sharing 'em! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts