A couple of yummies I want to be sure and make again...

I sometimes use my blog as a recipe keeper.  When I can't figure out what to cook for supper, I look back over my recipes and remember just how YUMMY certain things were.  

First on our list of yummies today...

Beer panko crusted tilapia topped with diced tomatoes, avocado and onion.


This tilapia was very very simple.  I sprinkled it with salt, pepper and Old Bay seasoning.  Then dipped it in a little flour, then into a bowl of dark beer and then into panko breadcrumbs.  I fried it over medium heat in a nonstick skillet with just a couple of tablespoons of oil.  I hate overly greasy fish or anything greasy for that matter, so I try to use the minimum oil.   Fry for a few minutes on each side until nice and golden. 

For the topping, I diced half of an avocado, some grape tomatoes and a tiny bit of onion.  I gave this all a good splash of lemon juice, salt, pepper and parsley and stirred it until coated.   Add the topping to the fish and dig in!   

This next one is also delish and healthy

Roasted butternut mini pizzas.


The only problem with butternut is that it is
incredibly tough to cut.  At least in my opinion...

The simplest solution is to just cut it in half, scoop out the seeds and roast the 2 halves with the cut side up at 375 for about 35-45 minutes.  It is done when a fork goes in pretty easily.   Simply scoop out the flesh and use or refrigerate.

This time, I actually bought a large container from Sam's Club that was already diced.   I simply sprayed a cookie sheet with Pam and spread an even layer of butternut onto it and cooked at 350 for about 25-35 minutes.  It is done when it mashes easily with a fork.

For the crusts of these pizzas, I used some of the multi grain sandwich rounds by Nature's Own.  They are only 100 calories for the pair of rounds.  I toasted them just a little and topped each with a good slather of mashed roasted butternut.  Gave each a good sprinkle of garlic powder and salt, and topped with sharp Irish cheddar and parsley.  These would be great with other cheeses too, provolone, mozzarella, parmesan.  I don't think you could go wrong with any cheese.  You just need to bake or broil these long enough to brown the cheese a bit.  I was able to make mine in my new toaster oven in just a couple of minutes.  Talk about easy!   

I loved these very much!  Butternut is super low in calories but high in valuable nutrients.  With the cheese, it is just amazing.  

I hope you try these soon!  I know I will having a repeat of each!




Love what you eat and eat what you love!  :)


Comments

Popular Posts