Green bean bundles and Parmesan salmon. Yes Please.

I LOVE to eat. 
 Plain and simple. 

Pictures of a food that I like will make my mouth water.


  I think about what I am going to eat.
I enjoy what I am eating.  
I see a recipe and can't wait to make it
and eat it.  
So much to eat, so little time.  

Now on to cooking....

As far as veggies go, 
green beans would have to be one of my favorites.
 AND since everything is better with bacon, 
I couldn't wait to try
these when I saw them on Pinterest.

Green bean bundles.

I used about 1/2 a bag of frozen whole green beans
and put them in a skillet with just a little water 
over medium heat.  I just cooked them a few minutes,
until they were thawed and just starting to cook.

The bacon only needs to be cooked about half way done
for the first step.  I cooked it in a skillet for a couple of minutes on each side then placed it on a paper towel to drain.


I preheated the oven to 400 degrees and 
lined a cookie sheet with foil.
I separated the beans into 4 servings and 
wrapped each bundle with a slice of bacon
then sprinkle lightly with 
brown sugar and black pepper.

They look soo yummy, just waiting to be baked at 400 degrees for about 10-12 minutes or until the bacon looks crispy and done.


Here are the finished little bundles of joy!  Yum.


I served these with another new recipe I found, 
oven baked Parmesan mayo crusted salmon.
Since it bakes in the oven too, 
they can cook at the same time.

The salmon is coated with a tablespoon or 2 of mayo, 
mixed with 2 tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan 
and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Topped with a dash of parsley and a bit more Parmesan.

I bought my first ever block of Parmesan Reggiano at the Whole
Foods Market recently.  It was pricey, but a little goes a long way and the freshness of it is just wonderful.

The salmon looks like this before cooking...


And this after cooking for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees 
and a few minutes on high broil. 
 I was trying to brown the edges on broil, 
but they didn't cooperate.  
But it didn't matter.  
It was delicious!


And the final plating again...I will definitely be eating this again.
SOON.


Love what you eat and eat what you love!   :)

Comments

  1. Yum-O! I will have to try the salmon recipe! Jeff and I LOVE salmon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evette! I love salmon too! I pretty much always grill it, but it was freezing outside and this sounded too easy. It was very good. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts