Insane peanut butter cornflake bars

Desserts are dangerous.
If I make a dessert, I have trouble not eating ever bite.
Luckily, Sunday was Super Bowl party time, and I was able to make these peanut butter bars and take them to the party.  

They were super easy to make and 
really yummy.  The platter was empty by the end of the night.

So here is the recipe.  I took 4 recipes and made my own adjustments and they turned out great.

Peanut butter crunchy bites

1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter
6 cups Cornflakes
1 package semi sweet chocolate chips

Cover a 9x13 dish with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.  In a large bowl, coarsely crush the cornflakes and set aside.  Add the corn syrup and sugars to a medium saucepan and heat over medium low heat, stirring until combined, just a couple of minutes.  Stir in the peanut butter and cook just another couple of minutes.  You don't want it to boil or get too hot, you are just heating it all through and melding everything together.  Remove from heat and stir in the cornflakes.  Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.  Mine didn't completely cover the pan, I  left them a little thicker.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave and spread over the peanut butter mixture.  Refrigerate again for 30 minutes, then remove and cut into the size you would like.  I made very small bites because they are very rich in flavor.  Enjoy!

This makes a whole bunch of squares.  It would be easy to halve the recipe and make in an 8x8 pan, just in case you don't have anyone to help you eat them.  My hubby doesn't eat alot of sweets, so if I make them for just us, I will definitely have to make only half.

Love what you eat and eat what you love!  :)

Comments

  1. Hi Jill! I just tried this recipe--made a small batch which was a mistake since they're so good! I added some chopped peanuts on top of the chocolate too, mmm. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    And as for your fashion posts--how do you look so great in every picture?! :) Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks S! So glad you liked them. They were addicting to me. :) As far as my fashion goes, I am pretty much getting ready to go somewhere when I try on clothes, so I am usually at my best. Thanks! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts