Grilling before the storm.

Good Friday morning!  Well, we dodged the storms last night.  Spent a little time in the storm house because the sirens went off a couple of times.  All we got was a lot of rain.  I would estimate we probably got 4-5 inches in the last 2 days.  We needed it, but our yard is so nasty now.  Despite the incoming storms, I was able to grill because they took longer to get here than I initially thought.  They were predicting around 5:00 or 6:00, but it was more like 7:30, so I grilled salmon and steak.  Eric's ribeye was a nice juicy cut. 

Here is the pic of the steak.  I buttered and grilled a Hawaiian bun to go along with the steak.  It was cooked medium plus to Eric's liking. 

I usually have trouble getting pretty grill marks, but this one worked out fairly well. 

I had grilled salmon and sauteed green beans, one of my all time favorite meals.  It is very healthy, and my tastebuds love it. 

I topped the salmon with dill and pancake syrup.  I grill it with the skin side up at first and when it seems about half way cooked, I flip the skin side down and finish it.  It never sticks or falls apart this way and tastes amazing.


I am glad the weekend is here!  It looks to be a little warmer, but they are calling for more storms on Sunday.  :(  I am going to enjoy every minute of it, storms or not!   Later...and remember to eat what you love! 

Comments

Popular Posts