Crockpot meatloaf!



The CROCKPOT.  A wonderful invention that allows you to cook a meal while you are at work!  Worry-free and pretty yummy if you can master the crocking technique.

I can tell with experience, my crocking is improving.  I used to open the lid at least 20 times during the cooking process.  

Tip number ONE:  Do not remove the lid and stir, except maybe once when the cooking is halfway through.   I do check once and determine whether to leave the pot on low or high, but JUST ONCE.

Tip number TWO:  Season just a bit more than you might normally season on the stove.  For me, at least, the crockpot tends to make foods seem just a little bland.   Cavendar's Greek seasoning is my favorite to add to meat and veggies.

Tip number THREE:  If it will be a messy crockpot meal, I suggest using a slow cooker liner.  They are thin plastic liners made to use in your cooker, and they make cleanup a breeze.  You can find them near the aluminum foil at the grocery store.

For this meatloaf, I looked at about 12 recipes and made up my own.  That is how I typically cook.  I really just can't follow a recipe.  But sometimes, it pays off.  I really liked how this meatloaf turned out.   

Crockpot meatloaf!

2 lbs lean ground beef
2 eggs
1 cup crushed Cheezit crackers
1 packet of onion soup mix
3/4 cup diced green pepper 
several large dashes of Cavendar's Greek seasoning
1/2 cup Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce or similar
1/2 cup ketchup

Mix all of the above ingredients and form a loaf.  I recommend using a Crockpot liner with this meatloaf.  I cooked it for 7 hours on low, but half way through, I used the liner to drain the grease and flip the meatloaf over.  I think this really helped it to cook like a real meatloaf.  Once you flip it over, top it with a mixture of 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and 1/2 cup ketchup.  Continue cooking for the remaining time.  

I will definitely be making this one again, soon.   

I prefer my meatloaf in a sandwich.  These Hawaiian sweet buns make a wonderful little bite.   I added cheese, and it was so good!


Love what you eat and eat what you love!   :)

Comments

Popular Posts