Mushroom spaghetti squash.


Sometimes I go to great lengths to be able to eat alot
of food for fewer calories.

I often get asked, how do you stay so thin?
It is NOT because I don't eat, trust me.   I wish I had less of an appetite than I do.   Truth is I LOVE food!
I just try to find foods that I can eat and enjoy for 
less calories but just as much substance.

Enter Mr. Spaghetti Squash....

Simple truth is...

Spaghetti noodles : 221 calories per cup
Spaghetti squash noodles : 42 calories per cup

Simple math tells us that you can eat 5 TIMES the amount of spaghetti squash for actual spaghetti noodles, and I happen to like the squash just fine, especially when I can eat 5 TIMES the amount, plus it is even healthy for me!!!

The good thing is...all you gotta do is cut the squash in half, scrape out the seeds and bake at 375 degrees for about 50 minutes.



Then, add whatever you would add to your spaghetti.
I had just bought a gourmet blend of mushrooms.  They included crimini, shiitake, and oyster mushrooms, so that was my topping. 
I sauteed the mushrooms with rosemary, garlic and parsley.  
I topped it with strong Irish cheese that I got at Sam's. 



Bottom line...the food was awesome, healthy and actually delish!


Love what you eat and eat what you love!   :)

Comments

Popular Posts