Necessity is the mother of invention.


I wanted to make some crock pot chili at work.  I did NOT want to go to the grocery store in the morning.   I had everything in the cabinet, but no hamburger meat in the refrigerator.   I looked in the freezer and had 2 ribeyes.   Hmmmm.  Yep, I made chili out of chopped-up ribeyes. 

Here are the ingredients...I actually used everything here, except only 1 1/2 packages of the chili mix.  I later tasted and found the need to add one 15 oz can of tomato sauce.  Otherwise it would have been too strong on the spice side.  To make it easier, just use everything in the picture, except just use one packet of Williams chili seasoning.


I cooked it on low for 9 hours.  That was just right.  It would have probably been ready to eat in about 7, but the flavors meld a little more with time.

Add some cheese on top and a grilled cheese sammich, and you are good to go!   Bring on some FALL!   


Love what you eat and eat what you love!!   :)

Comments

  1. I love this, ha! Sounds like something I would do, anything to avoid another trip to the grocery store! Applause!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts