Simple steak and salmon!

Sometimes my food photos don't need a long recipe explanation.
I am using this post to put a few photos up that require few words.

This was a 29 oz. porterhouse that I grilled to medium plus. 
One pointer that I can suggest is that to me, the filet portion is better when it is cooked just a little less than the strip side of the steak.   So while on the grill, keep the strip side over the hottest portion of the grill and the filet off to the side a bit. 
This will let the filet remain medium and melt in your mouth!

All I added to the steak was a generous sprinkling of Cavendar's Greek Seasoning on both sides, before grilling.


My side for this steak was roasted garlic red, white and blue baby potatoes.  I tossed the potatoes well in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and a pat of butter.  Sprinkled them well with garlic and pepper.   Roasted them at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes, until nice and soft.


Here they are all roasted and crusty.


The next meal consists of a nice slab of salmon on a bed of roasted butternut squash.  Butternut is really tough to peel and dice, so I was really happy when I found it pre-diced at Walmart.  They don't always have it, but when they do, I grab it!  Here is what it looks like.


I just added a bit of olive oil to the butternut and roasted it in the oven on 375 for about 15-20 minutes.  I have recently fell in love with rosemary, so I added several sprigs of fresh rosemary chopped finely and a sprinkle of garlic powder.


The salmon was simply marinated in soy sauce for an hour, then grilled.  Get the grill nice and hot, then once you put the salmon on the grate, turn the heat down to medium.  Grill skin side up until it looks almost halfway cooked, about 5 minutes.  Then flip the skin side down and cook for about 5 more.   I like mine just barely done.  You can cook longer depending on your taste buds. 
   Love me some salmon!

Love what you eat and eat what you love!   :)

Comments

Popular Posts