And the neighbor grows rosemary

I have a wonderful neighbor who is a talented artist.  He also is a great cook and grows some very nice herbs.  Enter rosemary.  I am a new lover of rosemary.  I had never tried the herb, but have decided that it goes great with lots of meats and veggies.  After talking about various herbs at a recent gathering at his house, Jorge, my super sweet neighbor, goes to his herb garden and brings me a BRANCH of rosemary.  Yes, a BRANCH, not a sprig.   The picture proves it.


So here it is...ain't it purdy?

It is so big, I thought of using it as my Christmas tree this year.  

Ha.   :)




The first dish I decided to use the rosemary on was the fresh asparagus that I had just bought and some grilled shrimp that I was craving.  









Here is the asparagus, sprinkled with a dash of olive oil, then topped with rosemary, finely chopped.
I baked it at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, tossing it a few times while cooking.


Here it is all glistening after cooking....


And here is the grilled shrimp...marinated in soy sauce, then topped with rosemary and grilled, just a few minutes.


And the pair, all pretty together...


It was a great pairing.  I can hardly wait to make some rosemary chicken, rosemary fried potatoes, rosemary sauteed mushrooms, rosemary tenderloin...well, you get the idea.  :)

And just for some added visual beauty...the ribs I grilled for Eric...


Love what you eat and eat what you love!   :)

Comments

Popular Posts