Crockpot chili and spaghetti squash. Yum.


Chili is one of those foods that can be made so many different ways, but still taste yummy.

My dad used to experiment with making chili, and I have seen him make it with everything from beer, to peppers so hot you couldn't even eat the chili.  
I usually just stick to a normal recipe and take it to work so that I can cook it all day in my crock pot on low.

My recipe this time was...

2 lbs hamburger meat browned and drained
1 can dark red kidney beans, drained
1 can chili beans, undrained
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
then depending on how spicy you like it, either one or 2 packages of chili mix.  I used one Chili-o mix and one Williams mix this time, because we like it pretty spicy.

I stirred the 2 packages of chili mix into the beef, then added everything into the crock pot.  It cooked on low for about 8-9 hours.  


I added mine to the top of a big pile of spaghetti squash and topped it with sharp white cheddar.  I may have weird taste, but to me, it was delicious!   And only had about 350 calories for the whole plate.  This is 1/2 half of a large squash.  If you haven't tried spaghetti squash, you don't know what you are missing.
It can be topped with so many things.  :)



Love what you eat and eat what you love!  :)


Comments

Popular Posts