Pork chop hash brown casserole delicousness.


Whew!  Gotta love the holidays!

First off, sorry it has been such a long time since I posted.  The holidays seem to take their toll on me, and I get so busy that I forget how much I like to post on my little blog.  So I am taking a little break and giving you a yummy recipe.  

When I am in a cooking mood, I turn to Pinterest.  I just type in a few of the ingredients that I want to use and come up with a must-try dish.  This time I had some pork chops and wanted to try something totally different.   Enter frozen hash browns...I would have never thought of it, but I am glad someone did!

Here is the breakdown...

Pork Chop Hash brown Casserole

Ingredients:

4-5 bone-in pork chops
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup sour cream
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of celery soup
1/2 cup milk
Frozen Shredded Hash browns (32 oz. package), thawed
1 cup onion, chopped
2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
Greek seasoning

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Brown pork chops in oiled skillet on both sides for just a few minutes, don't cook completely, they will finish cooking in the oven.   In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, soup and milk.  Add the onion and hash browns to the bowl and mix well.   In a 13x9 dish, spread 1/2 of the hash brown mixture, sprinkle with salt, Greek seasoning and pepper and 1 cup cheese.  Add the rest of the hash mixture and sprinkle again and top with other cup of cheese.  Top with the pork chops.  Bake for 50-60 minutes until chops are done and cheese is lightly browned.

I also made this for Thanksgiving minus the pork chops.  I just made the hash brown casserole as a side dish.  Either way, it is soo tasty!


Love what you eat and eat what you love!!!   ALWAYS.

Comments

Popular Posts