Spaghetti squash and BaCoN!

In my low calorie, but BIG quantity food travels, perhaps one of my favorite discoveries is the spaghetti squash.  Spaghetti squash is the low calorie spaghetti of the gods.  Period.   

Reasons...

1st...
It is way easier to cook than regular noodles.  All you have to do is slice the squash, scoop out the seeds, and place it on a baking dish with the cut side down.  Then cook for about 50 minutes at 375 degrees.

2nd...
It is about 1/3 the calories of regular spaghetti. BAM!  Is that not enough??  It is for me!   :)

3rd...
It actually tastes better than noodles.  At first, it may be a shift for the noodle lover, but if you try them, I think you will agree that they are awesome!

Here is a picture of 1/2 of a spaghetti squash cooked, scooped out and ready to be topped...



The first time you eat spaghetti squash, you may say...hmm...not sure about this stuff.   Honestly, I did the same thing.  You must try it with different toppings to get your perfect flavor.  I tried it the first time with spaghetti sauce.  Not my fave flavor with it.  Since then, I have tried avocado, many cheeses and several veggies!

Tonight may be one of my FAVORITE ever!  It was fried BACON...something I usually don't eat, but I had 4 thin slices in the refrigerator that needed to be used.   I then added fresh spinach that my dad grew...then some super sharp Vermont White Cheddar Cheese.   OMG...

So first... I cooked the bacon until crispy.  Then, I drained the grease and used only a tiny bit of the grease to saute the spinach. I cooked it over medium until very wilted.  It looked like this...



And here after the crumbled bacon...I used 4 super thin slices..



Then I added some super sharp New York cheddar and broiled...



OK...confession time...

I am a foodaholic.

This was absolutely positively wonderfully delicious.  

You gotta try it.   :)

Love what you eat and eat what you love!  :)

Comments

Popular Posts