Carne asada and shrimp tacos...oh yeah!


This is my shrimp taco.  It is strange what sometimes will spark a cooking idea into my brain.   I had bought an avocado at Kroger because they were on sale for $1.  I had shrimp on the brain, so I typed in shrimp and avocados on Pinterest.  One of the first pictures I saw was a picture of a shrimp and avocado taco.  That was all I needed.  Mouth watering, brain cranking out what would be necessary to make the photo a reality.   Turns out, all I needed was some flour tortillas from Foodrite on the way home, the rest was in the fridge.

I knew the husband would like some steak on his, so this one was made with flat iron steak. I seasoned it well with salt, pepper, Greek seasoning, season salt and garlic powder.   I grilled it just until medium, then took it off the grill and let it rest for about 5 minutes.  The juices will stay in the meat much better if you let it rest before slicing.  I sliced it into thin strips.



Also on these tacos are the following ingredients....shredded lettuce, chopped avocado, thinly sliced sweet onions, red bell pepper diced, strong Irish cheese shredded, a red jalapeno finely diced, small tomatoes halved, and a sprinkle of dried cilantro...I meant to get fresh, but forgot.   The shells were grilled right before serving.  Salsa was also added just before eating.

The second steak taco also had shrimp added and some fat free sour cream.....


This is a shrimp taco with a sour cream topping that I had made. It was fat free sour cream, lime juice, cilantro and a little paprika.


With some tortilla chips and salsa, all were quickly devoured and thoroughly enjoyed.  

Love what you eat and eat what you love!   :)

Comments

Popular Posts