Rosemary grilled chicken and roasted veggies! Shut the front door!

Oh my!  What a wonderfully perfect and beautiful day we had here in Tennessee!  It is fall time.  The temperature was pretty much in the 70's all day.  The sun was shining.  It was Sunday, so it was my day off.   I had coffee, jogged, cleaned, worked in the yard, and cooked and just had the most wonderful day!

I looked at recipes for awhile.  There were many that looked delicious.  I was looking for delicious AND healthy.  I finally found a few.  :)

One of the recipes I decided to try was roasted vegetables.  Trust me, you cannot go wrong with roasting vegetables.  There is no better vegetable in the entire world than a roasted vegetable.   Tonight, I roasted carrots and zucchini, I will tell what I learned to do and not to do.

The carrots were really pretty simple.  Buy the full sized carrots, wash them and lightly peel them with a peeler.  Slice them into even  cuts.  I used parchment paper to help on the cleanup.   Toss the carrot sticks with olive oil and sprinkle generously with dill on a cookie sheet.  Salt and pepper lightly.  You will be cooking these at 425 degrees for about 25 minutes.  Toss a few times while cooking.


This is the before picture.  They are raw, but oh so pretty!  :)  Below is the after picture.  They were the best carrots I have ever eaten in my life, no question.  You need to try these.  :)


I also cooked some zucchini at the same time.  It definitely didn't crisp up like I expected.  The zucchini was much more soggy, but I tried to dry it out a little and topped it with shredded Parmesan, so it was still DELISH.   Here is the before...Olive oil, dill, Greek seasoning.  


The after is a soggy but yummilicous mess.   I sprinkled some Parmesan cheese on top....it was sooo good.   :P


I also grilled some chicken tenders.  I soaked them in soy sauce...ahem...let me tell you there is a BIG difference in soy sauce.  I did not know this.  I LOVE La Choy soy sauce.  It is soooo good.   I also recently bought Kikkoman soy sauce.  I thought all soys were the same.  WRONG.  To me, they are daylight and dark.  Love love love the La Choy.  Don't even like the Kikkoman.   I am sure others will feel the opposite.  After all, I can't stand HOMINY, BLECH!...but some people love it.  To each his own....I will from now on, buy La Choy.   :)

The chicken tenders were soaked in La Choy soy sauce with fresh chopped rosemary for about 2 hours.  Then grilled on charcoal until done.  They were super tender and tasty.

The good thing about this meal was the calorie content.  Carrots and zucchini are very low calorie.   Grilled chicken is also very low in calories as far as meats go.  This is a meal you can cook and not feel a BIT guilty about eating.  I took my parents each a plate and added a buttered roll.  They were gobbling it up as I left.  Made my day.

Love what you eat and EAT what you LOVE!   :)

Comments

Popular Posts