Experiments from my closet.

It was raining on a recent Sunday, and I decided to do a little shopping in my closet.  It's not going to be long before time to pull out two of my favorite things about fall....BOOTS and SCARVES!

I will be experimenting with my scarves very soon.  They can really jazz up an outfit.  I should have tried some with the dress below, but it didn't cross my mind at the time.  It would really pop with a bright colored scarf.  I will put that on my to do list.  

What is your favorite fall accessory?  Boots?  Scarves?  Hats?  Jackets?  I love them all.  I almost never wear a hat though.  Hats make me feel like I am trying to look cool, but I fell short and didn't pull it off.   I don't know why, but that is how I feel.   :/  They look super on other people though.  






This first outfit is a dress that I just got at Ross for $14.99.  I love sweater dresses, even though I rarely actually wear them anymore.  I loved this black and white stripe one.  It is a little short though, so I will probably be pulling out some leggings to wear underneath.  I was just experimenting for this pic.  The boots were purchased about 3 years ago online.  They are kinda like a black shoe with sweater sewed onto the shoe.  Very cute with skinny jeans too.  














I love the color of this Hollister shirt.  It is a baby doll type cut, so I tucked the front in just a bit.  I tend to not like the top to flare out at the front, so I liked it better tucked in.   I have on a black bubble necklace, black belt, and some awesome black shoes from Maurices.  The pants came from TJ Maxx, they are Celebrity Pink brand and fit wonderfully.















This one consists of a grey jacket that I just got at Rue for $21.99.  One of the few times I have been shopping in probably 6 months.  The necklace is a ribbon necklace that I got at a yard sale for $1.  I wish I had more colors, may have to do some searching.  The jeans are American Eagle skinnies.  The shoes are Rue 21 from last year.










Hope I gave a bit of inspiration for your wardrobe, no matter how small it may be.  All it takes is a spark, and BAM, an outfit is born.  :)

Comments

  1. Cute stuff! Isn't it funny how many new outfits you can find in your own closet? You found some great "new" outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, exactly, I have a slight addiction to yard sales, so I have more clothes than I could even wear for the rest of my life. hehe. It is alot of fun to go digging around in my closet, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coral with the black looks great! I see the bubble necklace everywhere now. It sure is a great accessory. I hope you have some time today to stop by and say, "G'Day!" I'm participating for the first time in What I Wore Wednesday:
    http://speechnotrecognised.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/what-i-wore-wednesday.html#more

    Deborah
    homemakerhoney @gmail .com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts